|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, Worcestershire|
|Salary:||40,000 + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jack Cornick|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
I am excited to be working with a leading supply and distribution firm in the midlands who are seeking to appoint an experienced Health and Safety manager. Our client is a market leading family run supply and distribution firm who operate nationally. This is an exciting role where a real difference can be made to the Health and Safety culture of this business.
The role is focused around the supply and distribution of chilled foods. The safety management systems need to be applied and delivered consistently across all areas of the business, the company needs to comply with BRC requirements.
They need an experienced manager who is can drive safety and behavioural changes to meet requirements outlined in the SMS.
- To develop and implement Health and Safety strategy
- To work proactively with managers and employees to establish and maintain safe systems of work
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety and Food Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation
- To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety and Food Safety Policy and Practice
- To develop, implement and evaluate a pro-active Health and Safety Action Plan for the Company
- To review and identify employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- To review Job descriptions in relation to the duties carried out by employees where applicable and facilitate any amendments where required.
- To lead the monthly Health and Safety committee meetings to drive the health and safety agenda
- To advise the Board and Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety (including food safety) and welfare legislation
- To ensure all RIDDOR reportable accidents are reported to the HSE or any other body
- To carry out site audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety and Food Safety systems and procedures
- To investigate or, where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and cause of accidents and non-compliances.
- To be the single point of contact for any Personal Injury claims
- To lead, develop and support the Health and Safety Action Group (CHAS), so that they make a valuable and measurable contribution.
- To work with and support the Quality Assurance team and ensure that we retain our BRC accreditation
- NEBOSH qualified
- IOSH qualified
- Experience within a manufacturing / warehouse / retail environment
- Health & Safety team leadership / management experience
- Experience in using IT reporting packages to an advance level
- Experience of implementing ISO standards
- Experience in leading change programmes
- Facilities management experience
- Warehouse operations experience
Please apply below if this is of interest to you.
- Management role overseeing a single site
- Development of new policies and procedures
- Engage and interact with staff at all levels