|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 6k car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Annabelle Foskett|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager (construction) who will be responsible for the provision of health, safety and welfare across the business. The role requires a person who will be committed to improving the standard of health and safety in construction. You will be required to travel to Cardiff 2-3 days a week with the remainder of your time across sites in the South East.
The role as Health & Safety Manager:
- To develop, implement, monitor and review of Health & Safety strategies, policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout.
- To provide accurate and clear interpretation of Health & Safety legislation and codes of practice, EU Directives and best practice to the organisation, contractors and other stakeholders.
- To ensure the provision of clear consistent, relevant and timely health, safety and welfare advice, guidance and operational support on all health & safety matters including work relating to lone working, asbestos and CDM Regulations.
- Prepare and maintain health & safety reports and statistical /performance data and present reports Health and Safety Meetings as required.
- To collate and analyse accident statistics and recommend intervention strategies: to eliminate/reduce the risk of future occurrences and incidents of ill health and lost working days.
The Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of managing Health and Safety systems for a reputable main contractor.
- Have proven experience gained in an autonomous Health and Safety role
- Hold a current NEBOSH Diploma and Construction Certificate (or equivalent)
- Hold a CSCS Professional Persons Card
- Have additional Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. Manual Handling, Asbestos etc)
- Have good knowledge of construction working practices
- Have knowledge of Timber Frame Construction
- Have Knowledge of Health and Safety in factory premises
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire Certificate (Desirable)
- Have experience of Behavioural Management Training (Desirable)
For more information please contact Annabelle Foskett on 01202 888 986.
We look forward to receiving your application.