Allen & York are delighted to be working with a leading UK charity who are seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Manager for the organisation. Reporting to the Facilities Manager you will be working collaboratively to develop and maintain safe systems of working through the business.
This is a new role within the business that has been developed to fully support the commitment to delivering a safe place to work.
- To develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of risks that affect the business
- Propose changes to current policies to the Head of HR and facilities
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures
- To devise an annual audit programme to be agreed with the H&S officer
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of incidents
- Manage all risks arising from incidents
- Drive continuous improvement
- Work pro-actively will all the teams within the business
- Prepare and present quarterly and yearly H&S reports
- To respond to ad hoc queries and requests for Health & Safety support and advice.
- Establish a Health and Safety committee
- To work with the L&D manager to develop specific in house training
- Line management of the H&S officer
- NEBOSH Diploma or Certificate working towards Diploma level
- Experience managing multiple sites
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the H&S issues associated with events and retail
- Ability to write and deliver reports
- Full, clean, manual driving licence essential
If you are interested in this role I would encourage you to apply or call Jack on 01202 888986.