Leading aggregate and quarrying company looking to hire an experienced and qualified HSE Manager to join their prestigious, fast growing team based in Somerset.
Sector experience required:
The successful candidates must have experience of working within a large civil engineering or heavy goods within a high-risk environment.
(Full Job Specification can be provided upon request)
Responsibilities will include:
- To manage a team of Health and Safety Advisors to deliver a cultural shift in health and safety across a programme
- Ensure group health & safety policies and best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Understanding of implementing relevant Health & Safety management systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Assist with making sure all accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences are reported and investigated thoroughly.
- To participate in Client lead events where our presence and contribution would assist with client relationships and could feed back elements of best practice into our own management system
- Involved in the internal and external audit programme for our locations and projects.
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certification
- Chartered Member of IOSH (or working towards)
- Excellent communication skills and adaptable team member
This opportunity of offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail.
Alternatively please contact Jack Cornick on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.