Health & Safety Manager (Rail)
Location: London or Surrey
Our client are currently looking to recruit and an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Manager, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a global leading Rail and Transport Consultancy to be based in London or Surrey.
Responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate shall be responsible to improve the safety of operations in relation to HSE on worksites, in particular in relation to works on an operated transport system. They will help the Head of Safety Management System for Operations to improve group level rules and their application by line management with regards to :
- HSE rules on construction worksites
- Works in proximity of a running transport system
- Works on an operated transport system.
- Works under temporary operations for works trains or testing trains
- Propose improvement of the Safety Management System in his or her specific area
- Facilitate its appropriation by the Regions
- Monitor its application (Indicators, audits, inspections)
- Constantly monitor and identify particularly risky projects in this area
- Help grow the lessons-learned process and create training
- Traveling worldwide to our various operations is required for short periods (10 to 12 times per year)
Duties also include facilitating and monitor the application of the group level rules in all of our operations under the supervision of the Head of Operations Safety Management and with the help of the 9 Regional Operations Directors.
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- The HSE Railway safety manager will have 10 year experience minimum in the field of safety on an operated railway or mass transit system in a non-French context.
- Good experience of SMS in the field of Transport or HSE.
This opportunity of Health and Safety Manager offers a salary of £60000 - £65000 including excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact me on 01202 888986.