Health & Safety Officer (Civil Engineering) - Essex
Leading civil engineering and groudworks company looking to hire and experienced and qualified Health & Safety professional to join their prestigious, high-profile fast growing team based in Essex.
The successful candidates must have experience of working on major construction, large civil engineering, or heavy infrastructure projects within a high-risk environment and have worked with reinforced concrete construction substructures
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and maintain group health & safety policies and ensure best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Understanding of implementing relevant Health & Safety management systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures
- Advise on all current occupational H&S and environmental legislation
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Srrange and collate periodic inspections of plant, machinery and tools as per the LOLER & PUWER Regulations
- Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Extensive experience within the Civil Engineering, Infrastructure and Construction Sector
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Professional Member of IOSH ( preferably working towards Chartership)
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable team member
This opportunity of offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Ashley Smith on 01202 888986 or email@example.com
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.