Health & Safety Specialist
Salary circa £40,000
We are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Specialist on behalf of our client who are the largest single site producer of recycled lead in Europe and is part of the world's largest lead group with operations in 7 countries. The role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work within a well-established and growing organisation.
Key responsibilities for the Health and Safety Specialist include:
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety Law (Legal requirements and ACoPs) including COSHH, LOLER, PUWER, COMAH and DSEAR
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and produce associated documentation
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Training / presentational experience (involvement in running short "job specific" training programmes and/or inductions, chairing meetings etc)
- Good report writing skills
- The ability to undertake site inspections and audits etc, making sound business recommendations for improvements as necessary
- Able to prioritise your work load, monitor progress and follow up any projects or issues identified by audits or inspections
- Experience of liaising with and maintaining good working relationships with the HSE, Local Authority and Environmental Inspectors
- Accident Investigation and RIDDOR experience
- Promote, develop, maintain and monitor a safety culture to the highest of standards, including compliance with BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Provision or sourcing of health and safety training
- Knowledge of CLAW
You as the successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of achievements, with a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Have an ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional manner
- Have a competence in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to work in a pro-active, accurate, efficient and timely manner
To apply for this excellent opportunity please call Gemma Dickinson on 01202 888 98.
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.
This is one of many Health and Safety job opportunities provided through Allen & York.
Health & Safety includes Health & Safety Management, Risk, Quality/Assurance, Construction HSE and Corporate HSE.