We are currently recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Specialist to join our client who are a highly successful European organisation who employ over 60,000 employees.
Reporting to the European Health and Safety Manager you will support the development of Health and Safety policies and practices across the businesses retail, warehousing and transport functions. While working to build and maintain a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners across the European business.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:-
- Implement policies and objectives for the business and contribute to the development of strategy.
- Review organisational processes and systems to ensure compliance to country specific legislation, company policies and as a minimum meets the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Develop a wider cooperation/understanding between associates, including training and developing a culture of compliance.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and guidelines with UK & European teams within functional remit.
- Build an internal and external network of stakeholders/partners and represents the organisation.
- Drives continuous improvement, supporting and implementing business strategy.
Key experience for the role:-
- Health and Safety Diploma or relevant equivalent qualification as a minimum
- 5 or more years' experience within Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Management
- Supply Chain/Commercial/Retail Environment experience
- Experience of OHSAS 18001 and BSC 5 Star accreditation
- Experience of developing and leading safety programs in a multi-channel, multi-facility/site business
To discuss this opportunity in some more detail please call Gemma Dickinson on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com