We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety professional to join our award winning client who specialises in new build and refurbishment projects across the UK.
- Managing a small team of BPS Safety & Quality Co-ordinators
- Reporting directly to the BPS Manager
- Assisting the BPS Manager with the implementation of SHEQ management systems.
- Visiting new sites at tender stage and assisting in assessing the hazards
- Provide advice to various departments/ construction teams when they are producing the Construction SHE Plans
- Provide advice and support to the Construction team when producing SHE management systems i.e. the traffic management plans
- Carry out regular site visits and provide SHE advice and support to the construction/ site teams, including looking at future activities to ensure they have been properly planned
- Carryout regular SHE Plan reviews to check that the SHE Plan is up to date and any changes recorded
- Ensure all statutory SHE inspections are being carried out and reports produced
- Ensure that all action items from previous inspections have been properly closed out
- Investigate any internal or external notices issued by enforcement bodies such as HSE, EA or EHO and contractor Prohibition Notices,
- Investigate incidents, including RIDDOR reportable and any significant near-misses
- Provide/assist with internal SHE training and toolbox talks
- Carrying out specific assessments, such as COSHH, Fire, Noise, Vibration etc. and producing detailed reports
- Promoting and assisting with the implementation of the company Behavioural Safety Programmes.
- Attend internal SHE review meetings on site with SDC staff, and meetings with client's representatives, planning supervisors, etc. as required
- Liaising with enforcement officers on site, such as the HSE, EA or EHO
If you think this is a great opportunity to expand on your Health & Safety career do not hesitate to apply with your CV below and call Annabelle Foskett on 01202 888 986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.