Allen & York have been engaged by global manufacturing organisation with over 35,000 members of staff worldwide. They are a company that pride themselves on innovation and sustainable working practices. As part of this commitment they are seeking a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to report into the Global H&S Director.
The purpose of the role is to provide independant assurance to sites throughout the US which include manufacturing sites and corporate property. You will ensure that all sites are 100% compliant with HS legislation and internal policy. By 2020 this company wants to be in a position where there are no serious injuries or fatalaties across any of their global sites.
- To review all sites under the companies ownership to ensure they comply with relevant HS legislation and internal standards
- To produce an action plan as a result of your visits
- Conduct follow up visits to evaluate progress
- Work with senior management within the business to ensure key behaviours are being driven on site
- Liaise with regional safety managers to ensure all actions are being carried out
- Review competency of the workforce with regards to training and improvements
- Escalate issues/ concerns to regional directors or other senior managers
- NEBOSH diploma in OHAS or equivalent
- 5 years' experience working in manufacturing at a management level
- Good understanding of global HS practice relating to manufacturing
- Experience in auditing, including against OHSAS 18001 management standards
- Knowledge of the environmental permutations of manufacturing
- Hold a relevant degree level qualification - eg Engineering/Safety Disciplines
- Working towards chartered status
If this role looks of interest then please call Jack on 01202 888986 or apply and I will contact you directly. Please note that relevant US citizeniship is required for this position.