Allen & York are pleased to be working with an international engineering and manufacturing organisation who specialise in products for extreme environments. With over 10,000 people working for them worldwide they are considered a market leader within their space.
It is an exciting time to join the team as the division is rapidly expanding through acquisition. This will provide day to day variety and the chance to work with a growing team.
The role of Health, Safety and Environment Advisor is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all staff at one of their UK sites. You will implement a new behavioural change programme across the site in addition to maintaining compliance to internal and external legislation.
- Pro-active safety management of the site
- Development of EHS culture on site through implementation of behavioural scheme
- Develop EHS annual improvement programme alongside the EHS manager
- Support an EHS integration plan which will involve travel to other sites
- Support and mentor management as they improve EHS within their teams
- Incident and near miss reporting
- Conducting and managing EHS audits to ensure accreditation to relevant ISO standards
- Keep up to date with any legislation changes and make sure these are implemented on site
- Liaise with any external bodies and agencies
- Co-ordinate and support the arrangements for consultation and communication of EHS matters throughout the business.
- Identify opportunities for training and develop and co-ordinate the provision of this
- Assist the manager to review and update the business continuity plan
- NEBOSH general certificate
- IEMA membership would be preferable
- Experience working within a varied manufacturing environment
This is a chance to join an organisation who are meeting the challenges of Health and Safety in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested, then please contact Jack Cornick on 01202 888986 or apply and I will contact you directly.