Health, Safety, Training & Environmental Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen from our client, a leading European food manufacturer. They are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Health, Safety, Training & Environmental Manager to join their highly successful team, located on a site in Dorset.
As part of the candidate's job role, they will be reporting to the General Manager, and will be responsible for implementing, coordinating and managing health, safety, environmental and training policies and procedures, that comply with the company standards.
- Provide advice and support in carrying out risk assessments and assist in the development and delivery of in-house training.
- Maintain safe operational procedures, which identify all relevant hazards and ensure safe working procedures.
- Management of site PPE, Training & HSE Financial Budgets.
- Management of Environmental policy and all legal & customer requirements.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and produce management reports/safety bulletins.
- Perform internal HSE Audits & prepare for external HSE audits- Change to Lead Internal and external HSE audits.
- Positive attitude towards Health and Safety, with a track record of maintaining and developing a safe working environment.
- Contribute actively as a team player with proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results in a fast-paced pressurized environment.
- Confident Microsoft Office & IT skills.
- A demonstrable record of promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
- Experience within food manufacturing role essential.
- NEBOSH Diploma prefered but NEBOSH Certificate considered.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Comfortable working in an abattoir.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Jen Websdale at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.