A fantastic opportunity has materialised for a proactive and dynamic Manager - Associate/Business Manager - Highways. My client seek to appoint an experienced Associate level Business manager with a full background in Highways, clients, traffic etc management to join their Civil Engineering, multi - disciplinary construction and design consultancy. If you are a highly motivated individual who is keen to play a key role in managing the day to day highway maintenance and traffic business within our long-term property and highways outsourcing partnership contract with the teams Council connections, then read on.
The purpose of this role is to lead the highway service as an Associate Director/ Business Manager in support of both the Partnership and Operations Directors. The business unit sits alongside and is required to work closely with other service streams, within a national and local business context and will be set appropriate financial targets.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A successful history of managing a highways, drainage and traffic business in a local authority environment, ideally having worked for a private-sector outsourcing organisation (both blue and white-collar teams).
- Management of a P&L for a business unit, including understanding of financial terminology (e.g. WIP, Accruals).
- Management and setting of client highway service budgets for a local authority client.
- Manage and direct a team of technical employees and take ownership of performance.
- Visibly support and progress all highway elements of the contract.
- Take ownership of financial and business performance through the Management of Business process.
- Be able to prioritise work and complete within deadlines.
- Have the ability to identify potential clients and markets and secure new commissions.
- Have extensive project and programme management experience.
- Successfully promote the activities of the team across the partnership and externally.
- Assist the Business Development lead with wider business development activities, as required
- Have experience of leadership and direct line management responsibilities including performance management, resource planning, supporting training and development of staff and improving staff welfare.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to demonstrate successful leadership skills.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Clients at a senior level and deliver quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- Be able to communicate with people effectively in a friendly courteous manner and through good presentation skills.
- Excel under pressure and remain calm and clear in their resolution of difficult situations.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint.
If you would like to highlight your interest please apply by contacting David Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org