Our client is one of the regions largest steel plants. For a decade they have been at the forefront of the steel production and supply sector and they pride themselves on their employee recognition policies and their strict adherence to recognised safety and quality standards.
The company are looking to hire an HR manager - UAE National for their Human resources department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
Develop, obtain approval and implement the annual HR action plan, policies & procedures for Human Resources to enable the achievement of Emirates Steel agreed business objectives.
Provide professional advice and support to all levels of the business on Human Resources related issues to ensure that the human resources capability of the business is optimised.
Ensure the effective achievement of Human Resources functional objectives through setting departmental & sectional objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved.
Budgeting & Cost Control:
Manages annual budgets and recruitment plans that accurately represent anticipated manpower & development costs.
Human Resource Management:
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures in line with corporate HR strategy across the business in order to maximise the potential of the Company's human capital and ensure that all legislative requirements are met.
- Ensure the implementation of policies and procedures that enable recruitment of high calibre employees into the business that will enable the Company to meet its objectives.
- Oversee and approve the development, implementation of Compensation and Benefits policies and practices that ensure that employees are fairly and competitively remunerated in line with their contribution and that Emirates Steel is able to attract and retain high calibre employees.
- Oversee and approve the Performance Management System and its modifications, in line with the Company's strategic objectives, values and guidelines to ensure all employees receive regular feedback (Bell Curve report) that helps to establish excellent performance standards and proper evaluation.
- Ensuring that guidelines, are met pertaining to promotions and increments. Approval of promotions and increments in line with approved business and organization strategies. Overseeing Payroll and Annual Performance Bonus deliveries and evaluations.
- Ensure there are adequate reward systems in place to reward exceptional performers and keep the motivation level up in the organisation.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with relevant and external representatives and oversee subordinates' dealings with such bodies in order to ensure accurate and efficient processing of related claims and formalities.
- Develop and implement Emiratization delivery strategies to meet annual objectives.
- Oversee and provide professional feedback in job analysis of positions in order to recommend allocation of positions to classes and preparation of class specifications. This involves acting as the key person in the Job Evaluation Committee.
- Spear heading the Disciplinary committee and forwarding termination cases to EXCO for final approval.
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of accurate, up to date personnel records and statistics.
- Ensure effective coordination of Departmental activities, external suppliers and other outside agencies in order to support the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of Human Resources operational policies covering all areas of H R activity so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to employees.
- Prepare and present accurate and comprehensive reports and recommendations on PMS, ER, and Recruitment based on action plan outcomes to form part of the comprehensive AS report.
- Develop, oversees and provides leadership in job analysis of positions in order to recommend allocation of positions to classes and preparation of class specifications.
- Ability to influence senior management by having diverse leadership skills.
- Ability to post and advertise prospective employees by using analytical tools and methodologies.
- Needs to be able to understand the economical and cultural diversity of the UAE and adopt strategies according to latest market demands and trends.
Drive the Office Administration as well related support services like maintenance, security and accommodation to meet departmental goals and company objective.
Responsible for all approval for the administrative functions to support faster decision making.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
The HR Manager is responsible for the implementation of measures to ensure that HR activities associated with quality are controlled.
Shall be responsible for monitoring and coordinating the HR activities as specified in Emirates Steel Nuclear QS program to ensure compliance to applicable Standards, ASME Code and Customer requirements.
Participate in Management reviews.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Human Resources Department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
Policies & Procedures:
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies covering all areas of Human Resources activity so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Graduate Degree in Management with specialization in Human Resources Management or related subject
- 5-10 years in Human Resources Function preferably Steel Industry/ Manufacturing Plant.
- Skills and knowledge in negotiation and communication and senior strategies development
Working Hours (8:00 am 4:00 pm) after hours availability required to meet deadlines
Working days from Sunday to Thursday
Ability to travel to various Geographical locations during recruitment phases if required
If you are interested please contact me at: +971-556-200905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.