Allen & York are pleased to have been exclusively engaged by a leading manufacturing organisation who are based near Colchester. They are seeking to appoint an HSE advisor in a stand-alone role on their busy site. This role will ensure the maintenance of the company's management systems whilst developing a positive culture on the shop floor.
The HSE advisor is in charge of the safety and environmental impact of the company. They will manage and co-ordinate the work systems to ensure the working conditions and the services are favourable and safe.
- To act as competent Health and Safety person with regards to manufacturing and maintenance
- Actively drive a culture that is aware of HSE and its impacts
- Assist with any external on site audits via an HS consultancy
- Hold monthly meeting with employee representatives and ensure feedback is followed up
- Act on ad-hoc employee concerns
- Daily site and risk assessments to ensure site safety
- Assist the HR manager in compiling training for all staff
- Provide monthly reports to the MD
- Provide advice and support on safe working practices to all managers and supervisors
- Challenge, mentor and guide shop floor workers
- Advise the company on any changes in legislation
- Maintain the COSHH assessment register
- Work with external partners and regulators
- NEBOSH Diploma or working towards
- TechIOSH as a minimum requirement, preferably working towards Graduate status
- Experience working on a manufacturing site with a high volume of traffic
If this role looks of interest, then please call Jack on 01202 888986 or apply. Interviews for this role will take place at the start of September.