|Job Title:||HV Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000.00 per annum + Package|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
The HV Engineer is part of the Electrical Construction Team which assists the site team with the safe delivery of the HV & LV Infrastructure (up to 33KV), on and offsite, associated with the projects.
The role requires a sound background in the construction and supervision of HV & LV electrical works (up to 33KV), preferably in the renewables or utility contracting sectors.
With knowledge of industry standard electrical & mechanical safety rules and procedures, the role provides versatile support in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the electrical construction phase of a project.
Health and safety is at the core of this company which is committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of our business activities.
This role requires full buy in to their values, lean management principles and a commitment to positively promote their behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
The HV Engineer supports the Construction Site Manager in the supervision of HV & LV activities on and off site and its contractors to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in contracts, This Company's management systems, statutory legislation and all other project obligations.
- Covering any of the responsibilities of the Electrical Construction Manager (as summarised below) as directed:
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste throughout the construction phase;
- Assist in the Coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, and utilities;
- Review HSQE plans associated with the electrical construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives;
- Monitor the safety of the electrical installation works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Monitor the quality of the electrical works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Monitor the environmental performance of the electrical installation works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system.
- Installation of HV & LV equipment;
- Testing and commissioning of HV & LV energy networks;
- Electrical and Mechanical Safety rules in the context renewable energy infrastructure projects.
- Confident presenter able to communicate with a large range of audience types, from small informal presentations, to chairing meetings and training.
- Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently.
- Previous experience in an HV or LV installation supervisory role engaged on renewable energy, ICP or energy networks projects, with demonstrable personal development, particularly with regard to health safety, quality and the environment.