HV Engineer (Electrical Construction)
Our Client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy projects. They are looking to recruit an experienced HV Engineer to be part of the Electrical Construction Team which assists the site team with the safe delivery of the HV & LV Infrastructure (up to 33KV), on and offsite, associated with the projects.
The role requires a sound background in the construction and management of HV & LV electrical works (up to 33KV), preferably in the renewables or independent connection provider (ICP) sectors and with intimate knowledge of industry standard electrical & mechanical safety rules and procedures.
The role provides versatile support in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the electrical construction phase of a project.
Health and safety is at the core of the company which is committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of our business activities. This role requires full buy in to the companies values, lean management principles and a commitment to positively promote our behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
Deputise for the Electrical Construction Manager and SAP during initial energisation or routine switching of the HV & LV systems including.
- Produce safe systems of work and switching schedules;
- Operate HV & LV equipment (up to 33KV) under the instruction of the SAP
- Plan and execute defects correction work projects;
- Organise materials and contractors; and
- Attend emergency call-outs.
Covering any of the responsibilities of the Electrical Construction Manager (as summarised below) as directed.
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation;
- Add value and reduce costs through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions;
- Assist in the Coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, and utilities;
- Support to Project / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team for the delivery of the agreed procurement strategy. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction;
- Review HSQE plans associated with the electrical construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives;
- Monitor the safety of the electrical installation works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Monitor the quality of the electrical works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system; Monitor the environmental performance of the electrical installation works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system; and Support with commercial matters related to the electrical construction phase of the project in accordance with the contracts and management systems.
Knowledge and Skills
The HV Engineer shall possess a detailed understanding of: -
- Installation of HV & LV equipment;
- Testing and commissioning of renewable energy projects in UK & Ireland, and the associated regulations and legislation;
- HV & LV energy networks; and Electrical and Mechanical Safety rules in the context renewable energy infrastructure projects.
- Confident presenter able to communicate with a large range of audience types, from small informal presentations, to chairing meetings and training. Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently.
Qualifications and Experience
Previous experience in an HV or LV installation supervisory role engaged on renewable energy, ICP or energy networks projects, with demonstrable personal development, particularly with regard to health safety, quality and the environment.
Relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in an electrical construction discipline or equivalent practical experience is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.