Hydrologist - Glasgow
A well established and expanding consultancy are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Hydrologist to be based in Glasgow. You will be working on a broad variety of projects and will have the chance to develop through the company.
The successful candidate will work on projects including residential schemes, infrastructure and energy projects. You will be given plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing mentoring and training. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high degree of independence as well as in teams. Ideally you will be able to aid the expansion and development of the team/business. The role will ideally suit an individual with experience of leading projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Project Management and delivery of EIAs and Environmental reports
- Successful delivery of Flood Risk Assessment, SuDs schemes, etc.
- Providing technical input to Environmental Impact Assessments for infrastructure, residential and renewable energy projects.
- Co-ordinating in-house consultants and liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Organising and conducting site visits, team meetings and scheduling work
- Undertaking extensive modelling work and report writing
- Relevant hydrology qualification as well as being chartered or working towards chartership (preferably ICE)
- 3 year + experience completing Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water Management Plans, Peat Depth Survey, Peat Stability Risk Assessment, Peat Management Plans, and Private Water Supply Risk Assessments
- Demonstrable experience of the successful delivery and management of projects
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK legislation
- The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability, and good organisational skills are essential.
- Significant proofing, editing and report collation experience.
- Tendering Experience
- Experienced in GIS and other software packages
- Must be flexible and willing to travel
- Full driving license
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Master's degree relevant to hydrology or Environmental Management
- Hydraulic Modelling using Flood Modeller Pro, HEC-RAS, or similar programme
- Strong scientific and engineering knowledge in relation to hydrology
- Strong track record of writing great proposals and winning business
- Proactive networker
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org