A fantastic opportunity for a Hydrologist working for a successful global engineering and consulting company. As the Hydrologist you will be responsible for water resource management planning, with particular emphasis on the assessment of deployable output. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer, as well as a chance to develop through the company.
You will be working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, working for a world leading organisation.
As a Senior Consultant you are likely to have an MSc/PhD with proven surface water systems experience. In particular, you should be able to demonstrate significant capability in technical leadership in water resources and environmental projects, specifically in one or more of the following areas:
- Water resource management planning, with particular emphasis on the assessment of deployable output, headroom, supply-demand-balance and option assessment.
- Preparation of drought management plans.
- Water resources modelling using Aquator, MISER or other similar models for major resource zones
- Restoring Sustainable Abstraction
- Catchment management
- Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning
- Experience of the Habitats Directive and Water Framework Directive assessments.
- Experience in providing technical advice and support to a wide range of environmental and engineering projects would also be an advantage.
Candidates also need to demonstrate experience of working and in leading multi-disciplinary teams and in providing technical input to environmental assessments. Experience of working in consultancy, the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, SEPA or Water Companies would be considered an advantage. The position is primarily in support of our UK Water Company clients, although contribution to international projects is increasingly required. The role is based in either the High Wycombe or Solihull offices.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in factual and interpretative reporting, data management analysis and presentation. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to produce high quality oral and written communications. Good time management and presentation skills and a flexible attitude are also essential to work within our busy and dynamic team. As a Senior / Lead Consultant you will be familiar with the regulatory, business and policy environment in which our clients operate, and have the capacity to develop and maintain long-term relationships with our clients.
This position offers the potential for experience in a wide range of business sectors and the potential for strong career growth for enthusiastic and self-motivated candidates.
For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.