|Job Title:||Infrastructure Design Engineer - Onshore Wind|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a world leading Renewable Energy company.
They are currently looking to recruit an Infrastructure Design Engineer to perform infrastructure design for wind farm projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D tools for producing alignment and design drawings.
This individual will work alongside the project teams to understand project requirements and how planning, environmental and engineering criteria affect infrastructure design.
They will possess knowledge of the principles and application in civil engineering earthworks, highways and drainage design methods to independently produce alignment designs for incorporation into planning and construction submissions.
- Perform the design of infrastructure alignment based on AutoCAD Civil 3D site models and project criteria to assess gradients, construction footprint and earthworks quantities.
- Liaise with internal and external project team members and stakeholders to ensure that infrastructure designs meet the project needs.
- Produce appropriate documentation including drawings, reports and calculations in support of design work.
- Manage the control and distribution of both internal and external contractor drawings and documents in support of Engineering and Development activities.
- Supervise and mentor less experienced CAD staff
- Knowledge of engineering principles as applied to infrastructure design
- Knowledge of appropriate highways specifications for earthworks
- Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D Software (v2014 of higher preferred) including surface creation & analysis, corridor modelling, grading and calculating earthwork quantities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of performing infrastructure alignment design using Civil3D software to develop optimised solutions
- Experience of Subassembly Composer is an advantage but not essential
- Experience of AutoTrack is of advantage, but not essential
- Post-secondary engineering qualification and/or design experience (or equivalent)