|Job Title:||Controls & Instrumentation Engineer|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 20% Bonus + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Our client is a world leading Renewable Energy company.
They are currently looking to recruit a Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to support the Senior C&I Engineer in the implementation of the energy management system for energy storage.
Develop hardware, graphical user interface and PLC code to provide high level control to the following systems, either individually or in any combination of the following:
Energy storage systems
Other generators and loads
- Develop hardware, graphical user interface and PLC code for islanded / microgrid systems consisting of any of the above items of plant.
- Develop communication protocols and methodology between the above items of plant and grid operators to allow grid operator remote dispatch of these power plants.
- Provide support and develop project SCADA hardware and PLC code as required for energy storage projects on a global basis.
- The role holder must also be willing to travel to support deployments globally, including travel to Americas HQ in Denver on at least a quarterly basis.
- The role will also provide support to projects outside of energy management, as required by the business.
- PLC programming languages and strategies
- Optimising PLC code for speed of response
- Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
- On site and remote data capture systems and strategies
- Design, implementation and testing of remote communication systems
- PLC programming
- Programming of PLCs - Allen Bradley is a requirement for this role. Others such as Siemens, GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi are an advantage.
- Design and selection of control system hardware
- On site implementation and testing of SCADA systems
- Experience of working within the Power Generation Industry would be beneficial
A Masters degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering (or equivalent)
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.