Our client is an international development consultancy. They are seeking to appoint an internal recruiter to join an existing team, based in Oxford.
You will be responsible for developing and deploying processes that attract, recruit and select the right number of Project Staff (particularly team leaders), into roles to assist in the winning and effective ongoing performance of projects.
This role will focus on project and tender recruitment which by its very nature requires a very fast response to support bids that are being made for business usually against very tight deadlines. It is likely to best suit a recruiter with experience of hiring higher level contingent staff within a professional services environment, preferably with an International development background.
- Working alongside the Hiring managers to identify the resourcing plan and ensure that recruitment plans connect to fill vacancies, skills gaps and that a pipeline of qualified project candidates are waiting to be hired.
- Take accountability for leading the end-to-end recruitment process and develop a resource strategy in conjunction with recruiting line managers to attract high quality candidates.
- Advise recruiting managers on recruitment market conditions for specific portfolios and advise on the most appropriate recruitment channels, taking advantage of changes in other relevant companies.
- Drive candidate attraction and build talent pools using direct sourcing methods, marketing material and recruitment agencies.
- Ensure company brand is well placed in the marketplace and attracts a good pipeline of great candidates.
- Build and maintain a talent pipeline that is in line with business requirements and the talent/people agenda.
- Conduct pre-screening activities and conversations to improve the quality of CVs presented to recruiting managers.
- Develop links with relevant university departments, research institutions and international development organisations to tap into their alumni networks to ensure a quality pipeline of post-graduates.
- Advise recruiting managers on best practice recruitment processes, creating attractive and competitive adverts, accurate job descriptions, and embedding those processes in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Clearly understand the technical requirements for each role and ensure that all candidates meet the technical, behavioral requirements.
- Train, coach and influence recruiting managers on interviewing and selection skills.
- Understand the details of what good looks like (technical/professional and behavioral) and be the gatekeeper to incoming (recruitment).
- Produce and analyse monthly data/KPIs to share and review, with line managers and HR.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the rest of the HR team, that current resourcing and recruitment policies and practices are up to date and in line with company/statutory guidelines.
- As a central resourcing team provide best practice tools, share knowledge etc across company globally.
- Manage migration agents for international hires and movers, ensure relocation issues are resolved.
- Support the Resourcing and Recruitment Manager on strategic recruitment initiatives alongside other Recruitment specialists.