Our Client is a fast-growing UK fund management business with leading positions in several specialist sectors including healthcare, energy and smaller company investing.
Working closely with financial advisers, they create investment solutions that combine our expertise in smaller company investing with government approved tax reliefs.
As an entrepreneurial company, they understand what it takes to build a business. They work hand-in-hand with some of the most successful entrepreneurs and management teams in the country to help finance companies capable of creating, transforming or dominating their industry. They invest in both private companies and those listed on the Alternative Investment Market.
They have 400 employees adopting and applying values that make great businesses:
The Renewable Energy business forms part of our Specialist Finance division. They have been investing in the renewable market since 2011 and has successfully built a strong track record in solar, energy from waste, and a number of other technologies.
- We are looking to hire an experienced Associate into the Renewable Energy team to concentrate on supporting the origination, structuring and execution of deals with high quality, transparent and accurate financial modelling.
- The Associate will be expected to work on a broad range of special projects that require excellent analytical and modelling skills.
- The candidate will be exposed to the variety of projects at various points of the investment cycle (investing, portfolio management and exit) and different levels of details (strategic, policy, economic as well as day-to-day management of the portfolio companies). The candidate will be required to understand complex mathematical and legal concepts and produce outputs which be easily understood by senior management.
- The "ideal" candidate will have worked on many investments covering the entire capital structure, from equity through to mezzanine and senior debt and is likely to have gained some or all of their experience working in energy.
- The applicant should be action orientated with persuasive people skills in order to gather data and then model, assess, and present solid investment opportunities, as well as able to share in the responsibility of managing completed investments and partnerships.
- The candidate should have a solid understanding of project finance.
- Build and maintain complex financial models in a transparent, accurate and efficient way
- Support investment transactions though building and taking full ownership for financial models and the assumptions and structuring that underpins returns
- Support the production of high quality investment committee papers and presentations by summarising analysis in a high impact way, and be able to present the results confidently when called upon to do so.
- Gather and manage detailed data for live deals, potential investments and portfolio companies
- Undertake insightful analysis and produce clear, concise data for management reporting
- Build and a maintain a strong relationship with the Portfolio and Finance teams as well as our partnering development companies and other market participants
- Support business development with fast, focussed analysis and judge the right level of detail required for each decision
- Conduct periodic valuation of the portfolio companies
- Exceptional academic background
- Excellent analytical and excel financial modelling skills (including VBA, detailed knowledge and experience of structuring project finance deals, and ideally a sound understanding of energy terminology and assumptions)
- A strong team player with the confidence to challenge and liaise with counterparties at all levels of seniority
- Prior experience at an energy company, investment bank, private equity, or big four accountancy firm
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated talent to make the complex simple, and the ability to change between extremely detailed, and then big picture analysis
- Very strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts
Please contact Sally Woods for further information