|Job Title:||Jointer - New Connections|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections in most areas of the UK. They are looking to recruit a Jointer to carry out relevant Craft Skills in the construction and installation of New Electricity Contestable Connections up to and including 33kV.
- To deliver Contestable Connections for our client on time and within budget
- Carry out works to ensure your safety and the safety of others
- To promote and demonstrate a culture of Health Safety & Quality at all times.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of our client's Environmental Policy.
- Carry out on site Risk Assessments before commencing works
- Ensure that before commencing work you are in receipt of all relevant paperwork required and that you understand the task/s that you have been instructed to undertake.
- Ensure that all staff within your working party is fully conversant with tasks to be undertaken and are aware of risks and hazards.
- Ensure personnel under your supervision have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out tasks.
- Ensure that the plant & equipment to be worked upon has been identified using approved methods & procedures.
- Make sure that any operatives in your team have received training in the use of plant & equipment.
- Carry out all tasks as instructed.
- Record site records
- Make project supervisor / project manager aware of any project variations.
- Have all up to date Codes of Practice / specifications / authorisations & training documentation available.
- Report all accidents and incidents
- At all times wear appropriate PPE that is required to carry out task.
- Ensure that you and staff under supervision have received all site specific inductions etc before commencing works.
- Ensure the appropriate usage of Tools, Equipment & Plant.
- Ensure all works are carried out to our client's / DNO specifications.
- Carry out all works in line with our client's Policies and procedures
- When carrying out works within the public highway ensure works signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA.
- Ensure all reinstatement is carried out to HAUC specification.
- A minimum of 1 year experience
- Risk Assessment Awareness
- Clean Driving License
- Manual Handling
- Environmental Hazard Awareness
- General Health & Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Basic Electrical Safety
- Understand of COSHH
- Understanding Utility Plans
- Relevant LV & HV training
- Understanding of Testing & Equipment
- Current DNO's Authorisation
- C&G Electrical Qualification