Junior Electrical Design Engineer
We are recruiting for a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. The company provides a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
Location: Orpington, Kent
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by calfordseaden
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Electrical Theory
- Good understanding of electrical systems such power, lighting and fire alarms
- Good understanding of British Standards and relevant regulations.
- Knowledge of Hevacomp / Dialux
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well in a team both internally and externally
- Be self-motivated and have a desire to learn and progress as an engineer
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BEng / BSC in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD / Revit
- Member of IET or CIBSE
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service, Excellent contributory pension, Benefits: Life assurance