We have a new and exciting opportunity with an award winning energy management company who are currently are looking for a Junior Energy Trader & Risk Analyst.
You will be responsible for all clients across the company's portfolio, taking charge of perfoming analysis of the energy market. You will produce daily, weeekly and monthly customer reports, bespoke analysis and to support energy information, product development and present your findings by written reports and presentations.
Experience of wholesale and regulated energy markets would be advantageous but is not necessary if you are eager to learn about the market and its data.
- Maintain & contribute to development of existing market tracking procedures.
- Energy market research and acting as the expert person for market queries.
- Risk analysis and reporting for current clients & prospects.
- Contribute to growth of trading desk and planning for future portfolio additions.
- Reporting on wholesale & regulated market for staff and existing clients.
- Client retention and active involvement in business development.
- Budget forecasting & analysis assistance.
- Excellent ability of data anaysis from multiple sources and compile information in an easy to understand format.
- Strong technical ability and highly numerate.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, innovative and positive attitude.
- Problem solver and forward thinker.
- Strong I.T. skills with experience in excel and/or other programming platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline or strong result in A level maths.
- UK energy market (power & gas) understand and/or experience.
- Basic quantitative skills ability to take interpret technical and fundamental analysis and generate reports/forecasts etc.
- Basic understanding of risk management tools & techniques.
- Creative mind-set with the ability & willingness to drive news ideas/projects.
As well as offering a competitive benefits package our client is passionate about their employees' development and will support your learning needs and career progression.