|Job Title:||Junior PLC Software Engineer - Water|
|Salary:||£23000 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Junior PLC Software Engineer - Water
- The Junior PLC Software Engineer will report to the Senior Software Engineer, and will form a key member of the business' Projects department, consisting of approximately 11 engineers.
- The position will be based at Alfreton, although the position will require some site work (mainly commissioning within the UK).
- The position will entail being involved and learning/developing Functional Design Specifications and PLC & HMI software for new projects, along with the associated support activities such as testing, documentation, Project Reviews, etc.
- Learning how to produce project documents, such as FDS, test schedules, O&M Manuals, Commissioning Documents
- Understanding of the application and configuration of inverter drives (especially Siemens)
- Knowledge of how to review Technical Documents, such as P&ID's, electrical schematics, Process Descriptions, Design Specs, and produce a Functional Design Specification for a PLC control system
- Been involved and have knowledge with Hands on commissioning skills within the processing industry ideally
- Knowledge/Experience of PLC programming experience in Siemens TIA Portal, Step 7, and Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000.
- Consideration would also be given to less experienced candidates who can demonstrate their capability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Qualifications are not of primary importance for this role, although less experienced candidates would need to demonstrate that they have an acceptable knowledge of the engineering skills suitable for this position.