We are very pleased to be working with a prestigious organisation in Scotland who are responsible for overseeing the management and business interests of a large estate in the South West of Scotland. As part of the management of the Estate, a Land Agent is now required to work with the Estate's Property Team.
The role of Land Agent
The Land Agent will work closely with the Estate's Property team and the wider management team to assist with the management of the property. You will also work very closely with and assist the Estate Manager in ensuring that the Estate fulfils all legislative requirements that relate to the property portfolio.
You will be responsible for assisting with the management of the residential and commercial property portfolios, including the provision of tied housing. You will also be involved with preparation of plans using GIS mapping software.
Your specific day to day responsibilities would include;
- Helping to secure the long term integrity of the designated core areas of the Estate
- Maximise revenue through efficiencies and innovative management of land and property assets on the estate, adding value where appropriate, through multiple use, diversification, or joint venture projects
- Assist in the process of continually reviewing the Estate's objectives and focus on its assets and operations to ensure that we continue to manage a thriving and viable Estate.
- Provide effective and efficient management, maintenance and development of all property
- Manage rural business assets to agreed standards of stewardship
- Manage external contractors for completion of their tasks across the Estate
- Identify and implement new business opportunities in accordance with Estate objectives
- In relation to let farms on the estate, take the lead on:
- Inviting tenders from and searching for new tenants
- Identify elective asset management work and formulate business cases for such work
- Co-ordinate the essential repair and maintenance of farm properties, liaising as required with the Asset Management and Building Services team
- Liaising with tenants in regard to Tenant's Improvement amnesty recording works
- Negotiating agricultural rent reviews,
- Executing leases, licences and occupation agreements
- Ensuring implementation of obligations
- Negotiating way-go settlements
To be considered for the role of Land Agent
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- At least 2 to 3 years' post-qualified experience as a Land Agent or rural land manager
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and a clear understanding of rural issues
- Current driving license
- MRICS, FAAV or both
- Effective time management and organisation
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications with strong IT skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Proven negotiation skills
- Comfortable taking initiative
- Strong team player
- Able to take ownership and see work through to conclusion
- Effective project management
- Excellent attention to detail
Interested? Get in touch;
Please contact me today to discuss this role in more detail. I am available any time for an informal and very confidential chat;
Sarah Kerr - Planning and Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!