|Job Title:||Lead Design Engineer - Rail Signalling|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
An opportunity for a Lead Design Engineer to join a leading global engineering organisation in the Derbyshire area.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for directing the activities of the teams to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer's specifications and timescales agreed.
Responsibilities of the Lead Design Engineer
- Carry out design and checks on Signalling designs as instructed by more senior engineers.
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Provide functional support and guidance to the Design Engineer(s) within the team on all aspects of Signalling Design within allocated projects
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for all projects.
- Evaluate quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available deal for the Company
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation if projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Participate in planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of allocated projects
- Manage budget / allocated hours for given tasks
- Identify the required programme provision for allocated projects to enable target dates to be met
- Assist in the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Essential that you either hold or are working towards IRSE Principles Designer License 1.1.130
- Experience in Railway Signalling Systems is essential
- Good communication and computer skills
- Good task, time and people management skills
- Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + bonus scheme. You will also receive a comprehensive reward package which includes generous holiday allowance and pension. Through the flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
If you are keen to hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Newman on 01202 888 986.