|Job Title:||Lead Engineer - Applications Group (Enforcement)|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a global technology and engineering consultancy, with a large traffic solutions team, comprising of an applications engineering team, where this position will sit.
The Applications Engineering team is responsible for the design and deployment of systems across the
UK and Worldwide. The systems deployed typically utilise the core sub-systems and products from the Traffic Solutions product portfolio with configuration and project specific developments being the responsibility of the Application Engineering team.
The Lead Engineer (Enforcement) is responsible for system architecting and technical engineering decisions in their domain including the joint management of the products and underlying technologies (alongside Product Management) used within the Enforcement Product portfolio.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the securing of resources and management of projects within the Enforcement area to ensure they are completed within Time, Quality & Costs constraints.
The successful candidate will be a self starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
What are the requirements for this role:
- Be a strong technical team leader who has the ability to drive innovation, lead teams and projects, influence and mentor individuals to foster technical excellence in junior team members.
- Demonstrate experience of successfully delivering projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills, being at ease communicating with your team as well as presenting at an appropriate level to senior management when required
- Be responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Be able to act as lead technical representative in the accreditation and approval for new enforcement products, services, and improvement activities.
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
- Minimum BSc/BA in related STEM discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar professional role.
- Proven capability to improve existing methods and approaches. Ideas generator and problem solver for new and practical solutions.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the UK and internationally.
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Must be able to communicate complex and abstract concepts to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Ability to foresee, identify and understand problems, using logical and structured methodology to create solutions and escalate where necessary
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Highly desirable Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualisation.
We look forward to receiving your application