Lead Engineer - Highways - London /Flexible
Competitive Salary - £35,000 +
Currently seeking a Lead Highways Engineer - Project Manager to take the lead role for planning and procurement of a project within highways design and infrastructure. Working with the UK's leader in business process management and integrated support solutions you will have the following attributes to be considered.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
- Relevant vocational qualifications (MEng / MSC/ BEng / BSc / HNC and HND)
- Section s278
- Broad skills, knowledge and competence of design standards for highways (DMRB etc.)
- Knowledge of the HA procedures necessary to deliver highway projects
- Knowledge and use of computer design applications related to highway design
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Broad knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Quality Management and Integrated Management System
- Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines
- Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attending meetings with relevant clients
- Liaison with Cardiff and attending meetings there
- Input to the Risk Register and managing the Highway Risks
- Monthly presentation to Project Board
- PM meetings / teleconference
- Budget meetings
- Coordinate deliverables and liaison with stakeholders
- Deliver highway improvement Schemes to programme and budget.
- Report on resourcing issues.
- Provide professional and technical competence and mentoring in highway engineering.
- Report to the lead project Manager on performance against budget and programme.
- liaise with other project managers or support disciplines to deliver the agreed outcomes.
- Prepare briefs, works instructions, designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for approval by HA and instruct design teams to undertake works
- Ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of quality.
- Travel to meetings, internal or external and works sites.
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a forward thinking company on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.