Our Client is seeking an engineer with experience in electrical engineering of utility scale solar photovoltaic power systems. Primary responsibilities will include designing, pricing, design review, independent engineering liaison, due diligence, and consulting related to electrical power systems.
- Conceptual and detailed electrical design of solar photovoltaic plants
- Design review of electrical plans, specifications, calculations, and studies
- Independent review of testing, commissioning and QA/QC documentation.
- Preparation of electrical studies or calculations including load flow, reactive power capability, short circuit, relay coordination, arc flash, earthing, ground grids and lightning protection
- Management of one or more projects; provide timely client communications on electrical related topics
- Executing project scope items, anticipating project issues and developing appropriate resolutions
- Communicating to suppliers specifications of electrical components required
- Conducting site visits, inspections and construction monitoring
- Technical report writing
- Prepare project execution plans and method statements related to installation and operation of electrical components on site
- Interfacing with clients to discuss project/product risk and mitigation
- Prepare proposals including scope of services, schedule, budget, and documentation requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis on power systems, from an accredited university,
- 5 to 7 years related work experience in power generation, power system design, or related field.
- Must have experience designing plants that integrate low, medium and high voltage electrical components including but not limited to (Solar PV Modules, Cables, Fuses, Breakers, Inverters, Generators, LV Switchgears, Transformers, MV Switchgears and Ring Main Units, Protective Relays, etc.)
- Must be proficient with electrical simulation software such as ETAP, Powerfactory, Matlab, PSS/E or equivalent
- Must be willing to spend time on site as required b
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills (mainly English), including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails. Project management skills are preferred.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects. Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must have significant knowledge of applicable standards (such as BS, IEC, NEC)
- Must be eligible for obtaining a driver's license in the UAE
For more information, please contact Ghadir Shaar at email@example.com
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.