We ahve a role for a Lead Regulatory Affairs Advisor in our Regulatory & Stakeholder Relations department where you'll work with and support commercial teams across our offshore windfarm portfolio and our new waste-to-energy development.
- To understand, and identify, how the current and future regulatory frameworks impact on operational revenues with specific reference to the UK market.
- Identify and, where appropriate, engage with the energy regulator, trade associations and other relevant industry bodies to promote the company and form strategic alliances in support of business objectives and to identify direction of travel
- Support external and internal analysis to develop the company's view of market and policy developments to influence external environment in accordance with our company wide strategic goals
- Identify relevant analysis in support of the company's business with a view to reducing regulatory risk or taking advantage of opportunities
- Identify relevant issues for the development of the business planning and strategy for the company in the UK market.
- Furthermore, you'll establish and carry out internal reporting on industry change and major regulatory developments that impact the business and provide regular updates to the business on background and assumptions to external analysis of the regulatory view of the energy market.
- Are educated to degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. economics or law)
- Have an excellent understanding of the industry policy framework and codes
- Have solid experience from a similar role in an energy company or utility with in-depth knowledge of frameworks and regulation (a government or regulatory position would also be acceptable)
- Have performed independent analytical work and communicated to non-specialist audiences
- Have a strong analytical capability and are comfortable working in Excel and with large datasets and PowerPoint for internal reporting and external presentations.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with ease and communicate complex information simply.
- You're an expert in understanding current regulatory frameworks in the UK, and you look forward to influencing future regulatory frameworks to enable our new and innovative products, such as storage and flexibility products.
- Ideally, you're comfortable working with economic models and a range of statistical and quantitative techniques.
- Previous experience in an operational or commercial role and an understanding of the energy and renewable energy sector will be advantageous.
We look forward to receiving your application.