|Job Title:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
A global leader in engineering solutions, our client is looking for Lead Software Engineers to join their traffic solutions team. You will be working with the engineering management team and will demonstrate your ability to direct and motivate teams to deliver a range of product and project based software solutions, with primary focus to include enforcement systems such as Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS).
Role & Responsibilities
- Solid technical team leader who has the ability to drive innovation, lead, influence and mentor teams and projects
- Experience of successfully delivering projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfortable with all aspects of communicating from talking to your team to presenting to senior management.
- Have lead engineer level experience in the entire project lifecycle, from working with product owners to elicit requirements all the way through to supporting the QA team during integration and system test
- Be responsible for planning and tracking projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Experience of having worked on cloud based (SaaS) products and a thorough understanding of cloud deployments and concepts such as clustering and horizontal scaling is desirable
- Be able to contribute to the architecture and liaise with the architect on key decisions
- Demonstrate capability and experience of OO development across multiple assignments
- Be a strong advocate of architectural and design patterns and be able to give inspiring examples of appropriate use
- Be proficient in at least one RDB (MYSQL 5+, SQL Server 2008+)
- Demonstrate technical leadership in at least one system area (e.g. UI, database, internet protocols, business worker)
The roles vary according to the target application and require either .NET or Java specialisation. Please state which role you would be best suited for in your application.
- .NET Framework 3.5 - 4.5.1 (C#)
- ASP.NET MVC / Web.API
- Microsoft MCPD (desirable)
- Experience in MVx patterns
- Java 6 - 8
- Spring Framework
- J2EE (desirable)
- JBOSS / Tomcat / Glassfish (1 essential, more than 1 desirable)
For further info please call Lisa Newman on 01202 888986. We look forward to receiving your application.