|Job Title:||Leakage Area Manager|
|Location:||East of England,|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Collins|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Leakage Area Manager
My client are looking to strengthen their Leakage team with an Area Manager. You will be working alongside the Project Manager to ensure the effective and efficient management of the regional team to help deliver the services and achieve the annual company reported leakage targets.
- To manage the Service Provider's County Leakage team to meet all performance targets.
- To co-ordinate staff, information and resources to enable prompt detection of leaks or consumption that affects the Leakage level.
- To ensure resource costs / hours are accurately captured and input to enable accurate monthly financial application.
- To ensure team complies with H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA procedures.
- To ensure sufficient labour / plant / transport / material resources are available to carry out both planned and reactive leak detection work in and out of hours.
- Ensure performance targets are met by the Distribution Team by challenging outstanding leaks and prioritisation of repairs.
- To provide direction and focus on performance management of all leak detection staff (direct and indirect staff) to Supervisors to ensure service levels are met and to formulate plans for improvement.
- Ensure effective team working and liaison with Water company staff.
- Ensure that the regional team on site are supported and audited in their awareness of procedures and technical competence.
- Coach direct reports to develop and improve.
- Ensure adherence with Water company procedures and to work with leakage delivery manager to continuously improve procedures.
- To ensure all members of the team are trained and qualified to perform their duties.
- Ensure all vehicles and plant are properly maintained and inspected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Be an ambassador for the Leakage Team in customer relations, both internally and externally. * Hold monthly briefings with staff.
- Full driving licence required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Experience of running and motivating an Operational team.
- Good Line Management skills and performance management capability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT Skills & Leakage application/technology knowledge.
- Knowledge of work management and reporting systems
- Ability to work to targets, to work under pressure and in emergency situations is essential.
- Must have drive and enthusiasm and the ability to coach staff effectively.
- Valid EU Skills National Hygiene and NRSWA accreditation cards beneficial.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Good organisational skills.
- Budget control ability and experience.
- Good customer facing skills is essential and GSS/SIM process awareness.
- Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.