Leakage Data Technician/Analyst - Hampshire
Salary - £23-28,000 per annum
You will be working with our prestigious client who is a large national Multi Utilities organisation who is the number one Leakage detection company across the United Kingdom. They provide Leakage management solutions to ensure a sustainable environment for the future specialising in detection services, they are committed to key issues such as water leakage reduction management, water conservation and demand management.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years leakage operational experience and NVQ Level 2 or QCF equivalent qualification in Leak Detection (note that 30% of staff shall be qualified to NVQ Level 3 within 12 months).
- Must understand the workings of Distribution systems.
- Full driving licence required.
- Must have analytical skills and experience of interpreting flow and pressure data.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate Geographical Information Systems and Flow Monitoring software.
- Ability to operate electronic mobile communications devices,
- A basic knowledge of domestic bye-laws and water quality requirements,
- Good IT Skills essential.
- Knowledge of leak detection technology and leak detection techniques,
- Ability to work to alone and to targets is essential.
- Must have drive and enthusiasm.
- New Roads and Street Works Act (1991) Unit 2 accreditation.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS/SIM process awareness.
- Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure that all field work activities are supported by the provision of good quality data and
intelligent targeting of resources to deliver the services to the Water company.
- Responsible for the intelligent targeting of field resources by analysis and interpretation of available Service Provider and Water company data.
- Liaison with key interfaces (including Service Provider Area Manager and Team Leaders and Water company staff) over operational activities and incidents.
- Responsible for the collection of Service Provider or Water company flow and pressure logging data to meet reporting targets.
- Carry out night working as appropriate to the work activity being undertaken (i.e. step testing or DMA trouble-shooting activity requiring Technician attendance).
- Installation and interrogation of flow and pressure logging equipment.
- Undertake repairs or replacement to flow or pressure loggers in conjunction with the
- Water company procedures and ensure the update of the Water company's systems.
- Ensuring housekeeping of the electronic mobile communication device is maintained.
- Ensuring effective evaluation of new leakage technology on site.
- Working with the Water company to identify/improve Leakage operational procedures.
- Ensure communication with internal and external interfaces and parties to ensure that unwanted calls are not received into the business from customers/agencies.
- To act as a Competent Person under the Water company's Safe Control of Operations Process (SCO): Certification of Competent Person in terms of same.