Leakage Team Manager - Water
The Area Leakage manager role is responsible for achieving the Area leakage find volumetric target (KPI 20). Working within a management team that is responsible for the end to end performance within Service Delivery.
Understanding the expectation of performance throughout the AMP, planning resources, budget and strategy to enable full achievement. Understanding all the components of water balance within the Area including demand, leakage, DMA integrity and asset configuration. Using your influencing skills to assist in the end to end work flow.
Working to ensure network stability, DMA structures, WAZ structures. Implementing DMA operability stability and DMA improvement Capex schemes.
Managing an integrated workforce. Analysing performance against target, budget and plan. Using visual management to communicate with your teams, sharing best practise and continuous improvement.
- Leakage protocol adherence
- Leakage operating model performance
- Attend/chair area/region and company meetings
- Resource management
- Management of Budget in line with IRE/CAPEX targets
- Project management
- E2E influences
- Development of performance plans for all direct reports
- Line management of Optimisation Managers and Leakage Team Managers.
- Responsibility for equipment trials
- Analyse and action area performance MI
- Attend LAT
- Provide full audit process compliance
- Contribute to Area DG3 performance
- Accountable for Netbase configuration
- Carry out regular Health and safety site audits
Responsible for Network Operability
- Stakeholder management of scheduling and SD functions to ensure maximise outputs or all parties and minimise costs.
- Responsible for Comm Cells including both delivery and data
- Responsible for Area BSC and SBF problem solving activities
- Balanced Score Card based management approach
- Sharing best practice
- Safer Better Faster practitioner
- Ensure that awareness of the Leakage Strategy is promoted in Area
- Resource training
- You will be required to take part in a standby rota to ensure 24/7 cover.
- Previous management experience
- A proven positive people management history in a leadership role
- Budget experience including planning and control
- Experience working in a commercial environment
- An understanding of leakage management
- Experience managing a contractor based work force
- Experience working with a union focused workforce
- Experience in the water industry
- Leakage management experience
- Project management experience
- An understanding of pressure/flow and Hydraulics would be beneficial
- The ability to lead others and motivate the team
- The ability to construct clear precise plans and share these with others
- Capability to use methods of positive, strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
- The ability to analyse differing sets of information
- The ability to plan a strategic approach to performance
- Capability to manage contracts successfully
- Capability to Block budget -AMP planning
- Good strategic and planning skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with the capability to be resilient and challenge others where required
- Good Decision making skills
- Good Analytical skills