Leakage Detection Technician - Water
Birmingham, Worcester, Gloucester
Our client is a huge player in the multi utilities market. As a tier one contractor to many major water companies we are seeking experienced Leakage Technicians on a permanent or contract basis to strengthen the teams in the London area.
- Responsible for verifying the integrity of DMA/PMA zones by checking the status of boundary valves, whilst complying with our clients procedures.
- Act as a trouble-shooter to identify and resolve water distribution network issues relating to the monitoring and reporting of leakage levels in any given area.
- Participate in the collection of flow and pressure logging data to meet reporting targets.
- Undertake leak surveys on mains outside continuous night flow monitoring, trunk main inspections and perform leakage correlation activities to ensure the integrity of mains/services and identify any deficiencies associated with these apparatus.
- Ensuring that all changes to the Network are recorded and passed to the relevant system owner for updating and ensuring that details shown on all systems are current.
- Tracing and marking the location of the client's apparatus as required.
- Ensuring that Guaranteed Standards applying to written appointments and complaints are achieved and maintained and that all procedures in place are strictly adhered to.
- Carry out night working when requested by the client.
- Leak location and detection and leak noise correlation on both the client's apparatus and customer service pipes including non-excavation minor repairs.
- Undertake investigations and minor repairs within customer properties or on services supplying the customer's property with water.
- Ensuring compliance with customer supply pipe policy when carrying out customer leakage investigations,
- Providing expert assistance to the Distribution Inspectors on 'emergency' jobs.
- Acoustic logging deployment, retrieval, analysis and follow up leak investigation and identification of remedial works (leak repairs and maintenance) including the raising of job tickets on FDCS/Ellipse.
- Ensure compliance with the waste notice procedure.
- Installation and interrogation of flow and pressure logging equipment.
- Ensuring housekeeping of the electronic mobile communication device is maintained.
- Ensuring feedback on new building property counts is given to the client where different from MapInfo address point.
- Ensuring effective evaluation of new leakage technology on site.
- Working with the client to identify/improve Leakage operational procedures.
- Carrying out high consumption investigations on customer service pipes and advising the client accordingly.
- Undertake valve operations by agreement with the client to undertake mains shutdowns, rezoning or step testing activities (only those staff qualified to do so).
- Assistance in DG2/DG3 Incidents and Emergency Events.
- A minimum of 2 years leakage operational experience and NVQ Level 2 or QCF equivalent qualification in Leak Detection (note that 30% of staff shall be qualified to NVQ Level 3 within 12 months).
- Must understand the workings of Distribution systems.
- Full driving licence required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Good hearing is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate Geographical Information Systems.
- Ability to operate electronic mobile communications devices.
- A basic knowledge of domestic bye-laws and water quality requirements.
- Ability to supervise and train a Leakage Assistant, o Basic IT Skills.
- Knowledge of leak detection technology and leak detection techniques.
- Ability to work to alone and to targets is essential.
- Must have drive and enthusiasm.
- Must hold valid EU Skills National Hygiene accreditation card.
- New Roads and Street Works Act (1991) Unit 2 accreditation.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS/SIM process awareness.
- Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.