|Job Title:||Lean Specialist - Wind Blade Manufacturing|
|Location:||Yorkshire and the Humber,|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a leading global engineering and technology services company.
Their Wind Power business has announced plans to invest £160 million in a new rotor blade manufacturing facility, project construction, assembly and service facility in the UK.
In two years their manufacturing and assembly facility will be operational. They have now begun recruiting some roles for their state of the art facility, where you will be offered a dynamic career, working with the latest technology in the renewable energy industry. They are now recruiting for a Lean Specialist to be part of this exciting business.
The Lean Specialist will be responsible for implementation, securing and further development of all LEAN activities within the blade manufacturing facility with the goal of achieving productivity gains through a continuous improvement process. The Lean Specialist will be responsible for ensuring adherence to company specific production systems, controlling the Lean implementation program, on-going maintenance and associated competence management and training.
- Drive and support of all lean activities in the defined areas of responsibility, so that a continuous improvement process is consequently implemented.
- Analysis of processes / themes / disruptions in the workplace. Identification of weak points, develop solutions and support related implementation, in order to improve performance and to gain further improvement.
- Definition of standards, description of methods and development of documentation (including also processes, work place development, tools and methods) so that cross-functional (across team or department) knowledge is made available and applicable.
- Preparation, distribution and training of the subject and method knowledge in consultation discussions, meetings, workshops, etc., so that the knowledge is passed on and initiates independent improvement activities.
- Facilitation of meetings, workshops and coaching of change processes and activities in the defined areas of responsibilities, so that the successful implementation of LEAN thinking is assured.
- Evaluation of costs and benefits of the project and controlling measure implementation, in order to provide the key figures and benefit statements. Standards must be assured, timetable kept and if necessary escalated in the early stages.
- Provision of Input to the creation and maintenance of LEAN roadmaps for 3-5 years (defining measures, driving lighthouse projects, planning, organising and facilitating workshops and training, preparing the roll-out plan etc.)
- Organisation of and participation in "Best Practice sharing" (internal and external) and "LEAN Benchmarking" activities
- Participation in working groups / projects in order to inform oneself and provide information to the others, to influence and optimise processes and workflows.
- Execution of LEAN screening/assessment in own area of responsibility, as well as input collection and tracking LEAN KPIs
- Identification of skills gaps and training requirement, training execution and coordination of key Lean employees in the plant / location.
- Lead and support continuous improvement projects with the production lines
- Provide methodologies and problem solving tools to employees via deployment of a "lean tool box"
- Analyse and assess any significant anomalies, evaluate continuous improvement results
- Training of the key lean tools (5 minutes briefing, 5S, Visual Management, 5 why, Gemba, Kaizen Events) and other tools as required
- Degree level or similar in manufacturing/ engineering.
- Significant experience of working with LEAN Business Methodologies/Tools (both academic & experience in self-organisation as well as within a department or cross-departments)
- LEAN Leadership knowledge / LEAN Values & Philosophy
- Experience of working in manufacturing processes, ideally with leadership experience (e.g. Team Leader, Project Manager)
- Experience in project management with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Must have undertaken some training in Lean techniques
- Proven training experience including design and delivery
- Ability to coach, drive and lead teams
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong commercial awareness