|Job Title:||Learning & SKills Tutor (English)|
|Salary:||£24000.00 - £25000 per annum + company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Purpose of Role
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment of Functional Skills and GCSEs.
- To deliver staff development to LDCs on Functional Skills, additional needs and best practice in teaching, learning and assessment.
- To provide effective support for any learners with an identified need to overcome barriers and achieve qualifications.
- Use assessment, reporting and communications to record learner progress and achievement.
- Deliver Operational Excellence and Our Learner Promise to every learner, every time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- To deliver high quality Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT sessions from Entry Level to Level 2.
- To deliver GCSE English and Maths related to specialism training and experience.
- Use records of prior learning, Initial and Diagnostic Assessments to plan appropriate level sessions for each learner.
- Use innovative teaching methods and ongoing assessment; adapt resources/tasks for individuals with additional learning needs.
- To support learners with any identified additional learning needs
- Complete and upload paperwork and ongoing assessment as evidence of learner progress in line with company policy, procedures and awarding bodies.
- Effectively prepare learners for examinations.
- To communicate effectively with learners, internal and external customers. ? Ensure learners achieve a qualification in line with company targets.
- Develop relationships with the Learning and Development Coaches and employers to enhance the learning experience and quality of provision.
- Have a good understanding of Ofsted inspection framework and awarding body specifications to raise the quality of delivery and timely success rates.
- Maintain compliance with the SASE framework.
- Keep up to date with legislation and contractual requirements as well as any changes to the qualifications you are responsible for.
- Support the enhancement of the learner journey through innovation and the use of ILT.
- Work with colleagues to set challenging SMART targets for raising the achievement of learners.
Essential Criteria Required
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills and GCSEs in a WBL/classroom environment
- Understanding of Ofsted Common Inspection Framework.
- Pre-set databases and internet.
- Worked with people at all levels.
- Effective communicator both face to face and written.
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint basic level.
- Understanding of health & safety, safeguarding
Essential Criteria Required
- Degree or a minimum level 4 in Maths and/or English.
- PGCE, DTTLS Teaching qualification or equivalent experience within the adult education environment.
- D32, D33 or A1Clean driving licence and access to a car.