|Job Title:||Legal Counsel (Construction)|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a leading Renewable Energy company.
They are currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to provide legal advice and support to relevant business units and working closely with other members of the legal team and the General Counsel and reporting to the Legal Director.
The role will mainly assist/support the construction teams but also a wider group of development, commercial and technical teams. The role will also have to liaise with and work alongside other members of the legal teams, in particular the General Counsel.
- Managing a varied caseload including; construction contracts, turbine agreement, consultancy agreements etc
- Assisting other members of the Legal team in complex project finance transactions
- Drafting agreements and negotiating terms
- Liaising with external legal advisors, ensuring quality and consistency of service
- Review documentation, identify and report on potential risks in a contract
- Assisting with the negotiation of deals
Knowledge and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English legal system
- Understanding of construction and infrastructure projects
- Will have trained at a respected firm or company
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- +2 years to + 3 PQE required
- A strong construction background
- Experience in other areas of law would be beneficial although not essential
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience of working in the renewable energy industry
- Qualified lawyer, admitted to practice law in the UK
We look forward to receiving your application.