|Job Title:||Legal Counsel (Property)|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a world leading Renewable Energy company.
They are currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to provide legal advice and support to relevant business units and working closely with other members of the legal team and the General Counsel and reporting to the Legal Director.
The role will focus primarily on property and planning work within their business throughout the UK, to include transactional work on major projects and carrying out legal reviews of documentation being dealt with by external solicitors.
In addition, the role will involve providing general ad hoc legal and commercial advice typical of an in-house position as well as dealing with property and planning issues specific to the renewable energy industry.
The role will also involve instructing and managing external legal counsel in specialist areas and major transactions/projects. Close cooperation and liaison with other company personnel and teams is a fundamental part of the role.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent academics and will have trained at a respected firm or company.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work confidently and pro-actively in a team and alone.
- Approaches work with diligence and attention to detail.
- Previous in-house experience is not essential but the candidate must be an excellent communicator with the ability to work alongside a range of commercial and technical personnel, sharing a genuine interest in the company's business and future.
- Minimum +3 to +8 PQE or equivalent in commercial property (including development work), and ideally also planning
- General experience in other areas of law would be beneficial although not essential.
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience of working in the renewable energy industry
- Qualified solicitor, admitted to practice law in the UK
- Dual-qualification (qualified in both Scotland and England & Wales) would be beneficial as work is cross-border or a willingness to become dual-qualified.
We look forward to receiving your application.