Are you an experienced Systems Administrator seeking a new opportunity in a fun and positive global company? Are you Linux literate and have hands-on experience managing the network and storage for a corporate IT environment? A rapidly expanding international company has headquarters in the UK and are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to oversee the storage, network and ever changing IT demands of this global Software company.
If you are successful for this position you will:
- Anticipate, determine and resolve colleagues' individual and network problems and needs
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the wireless internet, intranet and telecom administration and support
- Fine tune Linux performance to the changing demands of the company
- Monitor and correct network performance
- Proactively perform maintenance and provide support for colleagues and clients
- Perform day-to-day IT related administration
In order to be considered for this opportunity you MUST have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a corporate IT environment
- Full working knowledge of Linux scripting and servers in virtualised environments
- Installation, configuration and maintenance experience of services such as Bind, Apache and MySQL
- A good understanding of configuration management and tools including Puppet and Chef
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and DMZ/VLAN infrastructure services
- Prior working knowledge with storage technologies including replication and snapshotting as well as data backup strategies
- A Bachelors or (preferably) a Masters level of education in a technical field
If you have a training certificate and experience delivering colleague and/or client training in IT then this is a key advantage to the role of Linux Systems Administrator.
If you would like to apply for this position then please submit your CV and an Allen & York colleague will be in touch. If you require any more information then please contact Mark Doherty on 01202 888 986, and we look forward to receiving your application.