Maintenance Building Surveyor - London
£30,000 - £34,000 per annum (+ benefits)
This is a unique opportunity to work your own desk as a Maintenance Building Surveyor, responsible for managing the maintenance of 21 Centres throughout the UK.
Working directly with the Property Director and Project Surveyor, the right Maintenance Building Surveyor will focus on managing servicing and maintenance contracts, designing and managing a range of projects, advising on costs and ensuring the cost effective management of projects.
The company are expanding, and are on the lookout for a responsible client facing Maintenance Surveyor to join their friendly team, offering a good salary and company car, along with life insurance, BUPA Dental Plan and an excellent work life balance.
- Client side responsibility for the delivery of daily building-related issues at the Centres
- Carrying out routine Rehoming Centre inspections
- Designing, managing and co-ordinating minor works and maintenance projects across the company property portfolio
- Liaising with consultants and contractors, specifying requirements, overseeing their work and reporting to the Project Surveyor on progress
- Preparation and submission of planning applications and Building Control compliance.
- Drawing up tender and contract documentation
- Understanding and experience of construction-related Health & Safety issues and compliance to CDM 2015
- Understanding and advising on DDA compliance.
- Management of Service Contracts and Maintenance Agreements
- The ability to plan and oversee minor works and maintenance work across the company's national property portfolio
- The ability to prioritise and successfully manage a number of concurrent projects of different sizes and varying budgets
- Experience of working successfully with building contractors' management teams while acting in the interests of the company
- Experience of devising budgets and monitoring and managing expenditure accurately
- Ability to complete drawings or use CAD to prepare accurate plans (desirable)
- Good written English and experience of writing clear and concise reports
- The ability and willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland including overnight stays
A driving licence is essential for this position.
Have what it takes? Contact Cate Battson - 01202 888 986 - firstname.lastname@example.org