|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician - Water|
|Salary:||£13.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Maintenance technician Mechanical
The primary objective of the Service Delivery team is to operate and maintain the company's Sewage Treatment Works. The role will consist of carrying out direct planned and breakdown maintenance on a wide range of assets. You must have sound diagnostic and problem solving skills. Basic fabrication skills are also required along with good general knowledge of workshop practice. The role holder will work on a variety of sites from large manned sites to smaller sites in a rural setting. You will be provided with a vehicle, laptop and safety clothing appropriate to the job. This position offers an opportunity to be part of a forward thinking maintenance team working on a variety of equipment under differing conditions.
* Minimise the number of non-operational assets at our sewage treatment works.
* Participate in a standby rota to respond to out of hours maintenance requests.
* Comply with Statutory and Company policies and procedures.
* Ensure the Health and Safety of yourself, colleagues, visitors and members of the public.
* Maintain effective communication with colleagues and other departments.
* Approach customers in a friendly, helpful manner.
* Travel to different sites as required.
* Assist in training others.
* Diagnose, repair and produce a report on faulty equipment.
* Experience in general Mechanical or Electrical maintenance.
* Experience in using a variety of IT systems.
* Safety conscious with the ability to look after own safety and the safety of others.
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate complex situations using simple explanations.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and alone using own initiative.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven with a flexible attitude.
* Ability to investigate complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
* Willing to take own responsibility for tasks and workload.
* Train and pass on skills to others as and when required.
*A formal apprenticeship in Mechanical Maintenance with a minimum qualification of NVQ3 (or equivalent) in either discipline, experience in role would be an advantage.
*A full driving license.
*You must be willing to take part in a 24 hour 365 Standby system on a rota basis.
*It would be desirable to have additional Mechanical Maintenance qualifications.
*It would be beneficial to have 17th Edition Regulations C&G 2382