|Job Title:||Major Projects - Associate Director|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is supporting the delivery of some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK and abroad. We are looking for an experienced Chartered Town Planner with current experience of nationally significant infrastructure projects, someone who is looking to further develop their career in this expanding market. The ideal candidate should be providing currently either a supporting or leading role in the management of major projects and will be seeking to provide a similar role with the intention of leading the consenting of such projects in the short to medium term
We are currently working with some of the UK's largest infrastructure providers, clients such as National Grid, Western Power Distribution, Heathrow Airport Ltd, EDF, Horizon and NuGen supporting them in a consenting, consultation, environmental and engineering capacity. This is consequently an excellent opportunity to develop a career in planning some of the UK's largest and most controversial projects.
Working with our team of town planners you will have the opportunity to contribute to and to lead the delivery of major projects for private and public sector clients throughout the UK. You will have the opportunity to take a lead role in areas such as planning and energy policy, multi-disciplinary team management as well as associated services such as consultation. The major projects which we can be working on are high profile and at the leading edge of professional practice.
Location is flexible. With the appropriate support and guidance you will need to be able to represent the company at meetings, workshops and discussions with clients and other members of their wider consultancy teams. You will need to be confident in your own ability and be prepared to review and comment on the work of others. You will also support our existing Major Project managers when required.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Town Planning or a related discipline you will be a Principal planning consultant or equivalent with current experience in a consultancy environment
- You will be a full member of the RTPI
- You will have at least two years' experience working on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects or similar, either in a lead or support role
- You will have strong report writing skills and experience of technically reviewing and challenging the work of other multi-disciplinary professionals
- Experience in the preparation or management of EIA would be an advantage