|Job Title:||Major Projects Engineer|
|Salary:||£59,000 - £66,000 (+ benefits)|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Battson|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to work on some high profile new build projects across London City.
You would be part of a highly respected company leading the engineering assessment of technical risks, utilising your expert knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations, codes and European standards to complex, high risk and high value new build and conversion projects in London (and other major conurbations).
The company offers a highly competitive salary, and prides itself on supporting a brilliant work life balance for all their staff. There are clear progression opportunities and a range of excellent benefits on offer to the right candidate.
- Lead the engineering assessment of structural, geotechnical and land quality aspects of complex, high risk and high value new build and conversion projects.
- Engage, influence and negotiate with developers and their design teams at the proposal stage to provide expert knowledge, and professional and technical advice Building Regulations and codes and standards in order to guide them towards compliant solutions that present an acceptable technical risk.
- Carry out site inspection of engineering work as part of the risk management strategy for high risk projects and provide planned and responsive support to inspectors and surveyors in the project team
- Manage own workload and tasks referred to other specialists in accordance with SOPs and to achieve SLAs
- Assist in the management of the Major Project teams and Deputise for the Senior Major Projects Manager as required
- Assist with the preparation of management reports and staff development including training, coaching and mentoring as required
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of superstructure and foundation design with regard to building structures
- Thorough knowledge of ground conditions and ground investigation techniques with regard to building structures.
- Extensive relevant building/construction/ experience with advanced knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors
- Thorough knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards and legislation
- IT literate and proficient in the use a range of MSOffice software programs
- Office based in London but may be seconded or required to work elsewhere in the UK as required
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information contact; Cate Battson - 01202 888986