Our client is a leading developer of Renewable Energy projects.
They currently have a vacancy available for a Management Accountant to join their finance team.
Their finance team provides financial support to the UK and Irish onshore wind operations, comprising project delivery and support functions (including the development and construction phases of a project life cycle).
- Detailed monthly management reporting for Project, Departmental and Regional Managers of the UK&I business and explanation of variances to budgets and forecasts
- Monthly management reporting to the UK&I senior management teams and communication with Group Finance as required
- Processing journal entries to adjust trial balances as provided by the Central Accounting Team (Accounts Payable and Cash) to prepare and deliver management reporting
- Management, production and delivery of quarterly forecasts by liaising with project and departmental managers and reporting to the senior management team
- Monthly reporting of actual cash book balances and assisting in cash management
- Sales invoicing
- Financial and business support to the UK&I business
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting routines.
- Assisting with the year-end audit and statutory accounts preparation, including liaising with external auditors
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process
- Responsibility for assisting in improvements to processes and management reporting to support the business
- Executing additional tasks and reporting to meet changing business needs and departmental objectives
- Sound understanding of key accounting concepts and knowledge of UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Understanding of both management and statutory accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel and good general ERP/ accountancy system skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude, with a focus on continuous improvement of reporting and analysis
- Good communication skills and the confidence and credibility to communicate outside of the finance team
- A team player but with the discipline to work autonomously at times
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-finance specialists.
- Experience of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting routines gained within a commercial organisation
- Experience of the renewable energy industry
- Experience of using Agresso or other ERP tools
- Business partnering and working with colleagues outside of the core finance function.
- Recognised Accountancy qualification (or part qualification) is desirable (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent experience