|Job Title:||Manager, Climate Change & EU ETS|
|Contact Name:||Kris Kobi|
|Job Published:||22 days ago|
Manager, Climate Change & EU ETS
Our client is a well-known global manufacturer based in the east of the UK.
They are looking for passionate, hard-working, ambitious and dedicated people who are up for a challenge to join their environment and H&S division.
This is a unique role that will play a key part in leading the development of the Company's policy in relation to climate change and to ensure that the Company's performance complies with existing and emerging legislative requirements, including applicable emission trading schemes particular the EU ETS.
- Working with Works and Plant Managers you will develop and operate robust management systems for the measurement and reporting of carbon emissions suitable for the complex and evolving nature of our operations.
- Collectively with other key personnel, you will define and implement the Company's carbon reduction strategies to meet legislative requirements and further enhance our products.
- You will engage directly with external stakeholders, including sector associations and regulators, to help shape climate change legislation and policy that will support a sustainable industry for the future in the UK.
- This is an important role that will play a pivotal part within the Company to mitigate the business risks from climate change, whilst maximising opportunities to provide sustainable solutions for our customers.
- We are looking for someone with extensive knowledge and experience of UK and European climate change legislation; and of administering the requisite compliance management systems within a manufacturing or other energy intensive sectors
- You will have an understanding of associated government compensation schemes that can assist energy intensive industries. Experience of working with government departments or sector associations in the development or reform of legislation would be beneficial.
- You will be capable of influencing internal stakeholders at all levels taking into account their individual departmental priorities.
- You must have a passion for identifying and driving schemes to deliver continuous improvements for the benefit of the Company, its employees and customers.
- You should be someone with experience of working within a large and complex manufacturing operation.
- The ability to work to highly demanding deadlines is a prerequisite along with excellent communication skills.
An excellent benefits package is available with this role including private healthcare, company car, private pension scheme, 35 annual leave days (including statutory days), family-friendly benefits and much more.