Our client is one of the most well-known advisories in the UK. This practise of 30 strong is uniquely placed within a large organisation focusing on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK.
Their work includes market and policy design, economic analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure.
The utilities sector is a key business area for their Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of largest utilities in the EU and beyond.
- Running coverage of clients, supporting our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Building relationships with key clients and developing wider networks with clients and other advisors (e.g. legal, technical)
- Leading the development of proposals for new business; Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge; Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness and business development opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or workstreams
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements; Managing junior members of the team and as part of the wider infrastructure group
- Leading by example- developing the team, inspiring and empowering team members to be the best; Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to; Recognising and addressing potential risks; Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Have significant experience in the UK utilities sector, in the industry or as a consultant specialising in these sectors;
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of energy and water companies as well as utilities more generally;
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes for utilities as well as their application, including detailed regulatory mechanics; and also have some knowledge and experience with other market and regulatory regimes;
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates;
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills-strong writing and quantitative skills are a must;
- Be skilled in financial analysis and / OR regulatory economics, including some knowledge of UK regulatory accounting practice in the utilities sectors
- Demonstrate very good working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application; Have knowledge and experience of statistics and econometrics ideally applied in the utilities sector;
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to financial or economic problems of moderate to high complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner; Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role; Be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients;
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects and appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables;
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers; Have experience of working in and managing people in small teams; Is a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues;
- Be familiar with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases; Language skills are a bonus.
For more information about this role, please contact Sally Woods at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986